Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
The abortion / adoption propaganda / rhetoric / argument is one that makes me cringe whenever the topic comes up, and make want to bang my head against the wall. :grr: :grr: :grr:
Abortion vs carrying to term is a choice SOME mothers will make and is there right to do so.
Abortion is never a choice for SOME mothers and will always choose to carry to term.
THEN THE CHOICE MOVES INTO A NEW PHASE...
Adoption is a choice for SOME mothers who feel unable to parent for a variety of reasons.
Parenting is a choice for SOME mothers.
That abortion or adoption crap is then utilized in many ways throughout the life of the adoptee.
Your mother chose life...I am so thankful your mother chose life... and while those statements as stand alone aren't bad - try listening to them as the adoptee over the course of their entire lifetime...
Your mother could have chosen abortion but choose the LIFE saving option of adoption instead.
I have yet to hear the sentence above turned around and said to any bio person (just replace adoption with parenting) - have you heard it said to a bio? Then why only to the adoptees? What does that say? Only adoptees mothers MIGHT have considered abortion - are you serious? If you would not say it to a bio person then you should not say it to an adopted person.
Apparently that trigger is alive and well...
Kind regards,
Dickons