Advertisements
Advertisements
Last Sunday a friend of mine called me. Turns out she'd run into an old friend at a neighboring ward who happened to be a foster mother of children in our desired age group. They got to talking and she offered for me to call and hear about the children. They sounded great and I wanted to meet them.
However, the children were already scheduled to have a visit with a potential adoptive home. Still, it felt very "meant to be" that we should all run into each other. So, I've been praying all week. It's obviously what Heavenly Father sees fit and not what and when I see fit. It's so hard all this waiting. This just really felt meant to be, but who knows. Just saying things out loud I guess.
I am surprised the fmom talked to you. Isn't all info about fchildren supposed to be confidential?
Advertisements
RobinKay
I am surprised the fmom talked to you. Isn't all info about fchildren supposed to be confidential?
She didn't provide specifics, names or anything like that. She just told me the basics like she'd share with anyone on here or in general conversation. I think it's a little different too since I'm also a licensed foster parent and potential adopted home. No specifics.
Thought I'd update in case anyone was wondering. We didn't get the girls. The family in front of us is proceeding. Good for the girls, sad for us. However, we'll happily be waiting our turn! =)