Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi Lisa ~ my heart aches for you as a mother and grandmother after reading your post. As an adopted mom myself, I can't imagine how difficult it has been to watch your daughter go through these struggles in her life, and now you're having to worry about her children, your precious grandsons, as well. I wanted to offer prayer and some resources that I hope will be of support to you and your family. There's a free counseling helpline at 1-855-771-4357 from the organization that I work for, Focus on the Family. Their counselors are very caring and have helped many parents with difficult situations. There's an articles series on "[URL="http://bitly.com/RsH46b"]Loving your Prodigal[/URL]", that may address some of the issues you described with your daughter. Another resource you may want to check out is a website from Dr. Karyn Purvis, empoweredtoconnect.org. She's the author of "The Connected Child: Bring Hope and Healing to Your Adoptive Family". You might be able to find some useful information from this site and book since she has done extensive research on children from traumatic backgrounds that become adopted or go into foster care. Just know that I'm praying, asking God to guide you as a mom and grandmother while surrounding you with His compassion and comfort. I trust that He will watch over them daily and keep them safe. Hugs!