Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I've never had bio kids (by choice) but have little ones still at home and am older than you. :)
I fully understand the want to adopt and I think you should research it fully. I would suggest you wait though, until your babies are older and THEN, adopt very young children or even babies. Having older children (internationally or otherwise) is a totally different way of parenting. It requires a great deal of patience and tolerance and being able to devote most of your time with them. (Even more than with small babies.) Their issues are different than those who are babies. True, some issues aren't as significant as others, but the majority of older child adoptions require intense parenting which might be difficult with even pre-teen children already in the house. Combine this with the high probability that older children in foster care--OR housed internationally---have been sexually abused. This one issue can bring dangerous scenarios with the rest of the children in your home---no matter HOW much you try.
Keep in mind no matter what age you should chose to adopt, it's no longer you and your dh adopting now---it's your entire family. Be sure the ages and issues of the child/baby you're considering can be managed within your family of four.
HTH...
Sincerely,
Linny