Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
I joined today because apparently this is a touchy subject unless you have been in this situation, it is really hard for some to understand.
So, thanks in advance for reading. Long story short...
I gave up "Joshua" (no longer his name) 22 years ago this month. I was at a very rough time in my life. Newly divorced, 2 other children, and right after my divorce I made some really bad choices and my kids did not live with me at the time, so they don't even remember they have a "brother" (if i can even call them siblings, is that okay?) Anyhow, they dont remember...
I always knew this day was coming. It was always stuffed in the back of my mind.
so fast forward to today. 22 years later. I have been married for 20 years, very stable life, much different than who I was 22 years ago. I received a message saying the boy I gave up (I don't think I can call him my son can I? I think that is rather presumptuous of me) and his Mom are trying to get hold of me.
I am very excited at this possibility. Nervous, so many emotions. I guess they have been looking for me for a long time. I am happy, confused, shocked... So many things, I can't pin point one emotion. But I can say, I am thankful this day has finally came...
Now onto another situation. None of my kids know. The older 2 do not remember. I have wanted to tell them for the longest time, but always figured "I would cross that bridge when it came" Well, I have approached the bridge.
I guess I just needed someone to "listen" Advise is appreciated, especially if you have been through this before. Do your other children know? Your husband? (my husband knows and is supportive of any decision I make)
Thank you for reading...
Love and Blessings
Ronney K.
Phoenix, AZ