Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all!
My husband is a Navy Submariner, and do to the nature of his work, we can not give out deployment dates.
I'm a little nervous about the agency we selected in WA. We sent in our initial application and were approved (yeah!). We then got the 2nd package to start the homestudy process.
The person at the agency setting up our profile was "surprised" to find that our driver's licenses said "military" instead of having an expiration date, so he emailed me. I sent him a reply explaining that in WA, military licenses don't have an expiration date until 90 days after the active duty member leaves the military. Which could be 4-10 years or more. I included the DMV link, but this made me a little nervous. They said they had done military placements before. Shouldn't they know this already?
Also, they prescheduled us for 2 classes which DH won't be able to make. I called and asked them to reschedule, explaining that we're military and that they'll have to get us in before the end of the month, or post pone until March 2013 (that's when the guys are promised some leave).
How did you schedule the classes so both you and your spouse could go? Did the military member tell his/her command?
I appreaciate that they want us to be as prepared as possible - but if we're both required to be at everything (which no doubt we would BOTH benefit from), it's going to take more than 2 years to get done since he's gone for 6 months out of the year, in 2 deployments... assuming there are no patrols inbetween...
He does not have internet or phone access while he's deployed. They don't call'em the Silent Service for nothing. ;) He does not get port calls either. So they can either cram them in while he's on leave, or maybe there are agencies more accomodating to military?
Advertisements
He does not have internet or phone access while he's deployed. They don't call'em the Silent Service for nothing. ;) He does not get port calls either. So they can either cram them in while he's on leave, or maybe there are agencies more accomodating to military?
At Language1st, we will provide you with the tools that you need to become an independent, creative and confident TEFL teacher. So why procrastinate? Be TEFL certified anywhere you are. Enroll in our [URL="http://language1st.com/"]ESL classes[/URL] and be trained to teach worldwide!