Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I love these boards, and confess to reading the Russia forum daily! (Such relevant information, and heartwarming stories.)
I was hoping to reach out to see if anyone else out there is adopting from Moldova? I am a mom-to-be adopting from this small EE country.
JVK - The words referral and match are synonymous. Our agency explained the referral process this way. The agency submits our international dossier to the adoption committee in Moldova. Within 30-60 days, the adoption committee makes three or four referrals. Then the coordinator goes to the orphanages and gathers the information about these children. She then returns to the adoption committee and the committee decides which one of these children to offer to the adoptive family. If the adoptive family agrees, then they are invited to go and complete the adoption. If the family says no, then another one of the original referrals is made to the family and so on.
I hope that helps.
Advertisements
MommainMoldova
Just found out that our home study is scheduled for June 15th!!! Excited, but very nervous!!! :cheer:
Good luck!
Thank you for the information. Did your agency indicate if any referrals have been offered under the new laws that went into effect on February 1?
moldova123 - You're very welcome. Our agency didn't indicate that. They told us that we will be among the first adoptive families to adopt from Moldova through this agency. Also, I'm not familiar with the new law that went into effect. Do you know the details?
PAN: Below is an English link with a summary of the new law. There is additional info in the Nov 1, 2012 reference but I cannot find a link for an English translation - it is in Russian. However, the second link includes an interpretation of that reference. I prefer to be as educated as possible and then filter through any discrepancies. Hope that you find this to be helpful - waiting is difficult.
[url=http://www.loc.gov/lawweb/servlet/lloc_news?disp3_l205403441_text]Global Legal Monitor: Moldova: New Rules for Child Adoption Proposed | Global Legal Monitor | Law Library of Congress | Library of Congress[/url]
[url=http://www.reformtalk.net/2013/01/03/amendments-to-moldova-adoption-procedures-passed/]Amendments to Moldova Adoption Procedures Passed | REFORM Talk[/url]
Advertisements
We will start the official adoption process very soon. We have an specific agency that we want to use but now I'm afraid we might not know enough about them.
What should you "investigate" about an agency? What are "red or yellow flags" that we should watch out for? What made you choose your agency?
If you want you can send me a private message :)
Thanks!
Moldova123 I'll try to send you a private message (if I figure out how to do it).
JVK
We will start the official adoption process very soon. We have an specific agency that we want to use but now I'm afraid we might not know enough about them.
What should you "investigate" about an agency? What are "red or yellow flags" that we should watch out for? What made you choose your agency?
If you want you can send me a private message :)
Thanks!
I choose my agency after talking to several other families that had used them and were happy with them. I also did phone calls and e-mails with the two agencies I was interested in, and I looked at how fast they responded to my questions and the answers they gave. I am not done with the process yet, but so far, I love my agency and am happy with my choice.
Advertisements
Just thought that I would check-in to see if anyone may yet have received a referral and have additional information as to what the process will be.:banana:
I haven't heard of anyone receiving a referral yet. I know they have published several lists of available children, but most of the younger children listed have moderate to major special needs.
Hiya, I have recently returned from a trip to Moldova (volunteering in an orphanage) and found it to be a life changing event. Off the back of it, I am now trying to adopt from the country and have discovered from various websites/blogs/forums that patience will be required. I am based in the UK and see that the process is different from the US but have been unable to find any information within the UK. Its nice to see other people who are also involved in the process and who share a passion in giving a child in forever home.
Out of all the info I have recently read, as a result of the adoption process being reopened, I dont think the Government antisipated such interest in international adoption and as such do not have the required resource to handle all the applications that are coming in and this is why a lot of people are finding a delay in getting a referral through.
Welcome Cemme! That is wonderful that you volunteered in one of the orphanages. I wanted to wish you good luck with the adoption process. Patience is definitely required! We are one year into the process, and we figure it might be 1-2 more years before a referral. Of course, we are hoping it will come more quickly.
Advertisements
Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update on us. We've had our dossier in Moldova for about two months now. We're still waiting for updates from our agency.
How are things with everyone else here?
Hi everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update on us. We've had our dossier in Moldova for about two months now. We're still waiting for updates from our agency.
How are things with everyone else here?