Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! I love these boards, and confess to reading the Russia forum daily! (Such relevant information, and heartwarming stories.)
I was hoping to reach out to see if anyone else out there is adopting from Moldova? I am a mom-to-be adopting from this small EE country.
Advertisements
Hi, I was hoping to adopt from Russia, but since the ban on US adoptions is going into effect on Jan 1st, I am seriously considering Moldova. I would also like to know which agency you are using - could you please pm me? Thanks!!
:banana:
H2AARB
Hi, I was hoping to adopt from Russia, but since the ban on US adoptions is going into effect on Jan 1st, I am seriously considering Moldova. I would also like to know which agency you are using - could you please pm me? Thanks!!
Hi H2AARB,
I asked for the other poster to pm me the name of the adoption agency but never got a reply.
Advertisements
fla.sunshine
H2AARB - just sent you a pm.
Green forest- sorry, I really thought I had pm'd you. Its in my sent box?
Hi there:
Its okay. But yeah, I never got the reply. Can you just resend it again? I'd really appreciate it. : )
fla.sunshine
H2AARB - just sent you a pm.
Green forest- sorry, I really thought I had pm'd you. Its in my sent box?
:thanks: saw your pm - i tried to reply to you, but I am new to the forum so not sure if I messed it up :)
We just decided to adopt from Moldova as well. We will be sending in the application in the next few days. I would love to connect with some of you if you end up choosing Moldova. It would be nice to have others in a similar situation to talk with about this process.
Advertisements
Hi:
For those who have already visited or have adopted from Moldova, what has been the length of time that you have stayed there? I hear it's about 2-5 week's stay! What has your agency told you the average stay is? Or what has your personal experience been? I'd really appreciate your answer. Thanks!:wings:
Greenforest
Hi:
For those who have already visited or have adopted from Moldova, what has been the length of time that you have stayed there? I hear it's about 2-5 week's stay! What has your agency told you the average stay is? Or what has your personal experience been? I'd really appreciate your answer. Thanks!:wings:
It's my understanding that no one from any agency has completed an adoption since they reopened the country, so, you might not get a lot of personal experiences yet. My agency did tell me that they expect it to be two trips, each lasting 7-10 days, including travel time. Or you can do one long trip of around 6 weeks. We are going to do the two trips.
I've been told the same information as Sunnydey. I also plan on doing two trips. I can't wait to get to the "traveling" phase of this journey!
Advertisements
Hi everyone. My wife and I are in the process of adopting from Moldova as well. We would love to connect with other adoptive parents going through the same thing. The community is so small for this little known country.
Hi Pan! I look forward to hearing about your experiences! How far along in the process are you? Feel free to pm me if you prefer.