Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi! Thanks for the response! We are just finishing up our training this week. We're hoping to get the homestudy visit schedule soon. We're working with an agency called International Family Services (IFS). How far along are you?
Advertisements
We are looking at Moldova as well! I would live to hear any experiences so far. And I would especially love some feedback on agencies if anybody wants to PM me :)
Hi Heather! My wife and I have finished our training and have gathered all of our paperwork to submit for our home study, which we plan to do this week.
Advertisements
Hi, We are also in the process of adopting from Moldova. We have completed our home study paperwork. We are interested in connecting with others who are in process.
Hi! Just curious if anyone has complete their adoption from Moldova?? My husband and I are currently in the process, we are still collecting documents for our dossier and waiting to schedule our homestudy. Our situation is a bit different, we are actually Americans living in Moldova :-) I would be happy to pass along any information about this interesting little country!
Hi Momma in Moldova! To the best of my knowledge, there has not yet been a completed adoption from Moldova this year. I know that there are waiting families though. I hope to be one of them very soon (dossier 95% complete!). Thank you for offering insight into Moldova! I plan to take you up on it!
It's great to see more families joining this thread! My wife and I had our home study interview yesterday. We're expecting to hear back from the social worker this week.
MommaInMoldova - What part of Moldova do you live in? I would love to hear any insights you have to share!
Advertisements
We are living in the capital city of Chisinau. We have been here a little over a year. The city is not overly pleasant, pretty much what you would expect of a former Soviet Bloc country, but the countryside of Moldova is beautiful!!! I would be happy to answer any questions you all might have. We have also spent lots of time in the orphanages here (we operate a non-profit) so I can also address questions/concerns you might have about the orphanages here. Congratulations on your completed home study visit. How exciting!!!
We completed our home study interviews last week. It looks like we are right where you are, Pan.
MommainMoldova
Hi! Just curious if anyone has complete their adoption from Moldova?? My husband and I are currently in the process, we are still collecting documents for our dossier and waiting to schedule our homestudy. Our situation is a bit different, we are actually Americans living in Moldova :-) I would be happy to pass along any information about this interesting little country!
Just wanted to say "Welcome!" We are working on our homestudy right now. I wish you good luck with the process, and I am sure we will all have lots of questions to ask you about Moldova. :-)
MommainMoldova
We are living in the capital city of Chisinau. We have been here a little over a year. The city is not overly pleasant, pretty much what you would expect of a former Soviet Bloc country, but the countryside of Moldova is beautiful!!! I would be happy to answer any questions you all might have. We have also spent lots of time in the orphanages here (we operate a non-profit) so I can also address questions/concerns you might have about the orphanages here. Congratulations on your completed home study visit. How exciting!!!
Hi MommainMoldova,
I would love to hear more about the conditions in the orphanages. Are the children generally healthy. We are considering adopting from Moldova as well but are concerned about potential long-term consequences the children might have from living in an orphanage (malnutrition, social skills, developmental delays, etc.).
Thanks
Advertisements
Hi all!
I just joined the forum; my husband and I are currently in the process of adopting form Moldova. It is nice to see that there are others doing the same!
We are in the homestudy process; we just submitted the last of our paperwork and will be beginning our interviews.
I look forward to following along with you all in the process.
smrg
Hi MommainMoldova,
I would love to hear more about the conditions in the orphanages. Are the children generally healthy. We are considering adopting from Moldova as well but are concerned about potential long-term consequences the children might have from living in an orphanage (malnutrition, social skills, developmental delays, etc.).
Thanks
The conditions in the orphanages vary greatly from institution to institution. The ones here in Chisinau (the capital city) are okay, but certainly not great. The orphanages outside of the city can be quite bad, little heat, insufficient food and water, etc. Like most orphanages, the children are on extremely rigid schedules and they are taught very early to be independent. Two year olds are dressing themselves, eating unassisted and using the potty. Here in Moldova children that have major medial issues or are considered special needs live in separate orphanages. If you are waiting to adopt a "healthy" child the only concern you might have is that they may be on the small side, but after living here almost a year and a half we are beginning to think that is just Moldovan children in general :-) Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any other questions.