Advertisements
Advertisements
GLBT families make up a large portion of adoptive parents? Why is this group "non-traditional families post adoption support" listed like this, shouldn't there be a group that is for glbt adopters or something?
Advertisements
Most of the LGBT parents just post on the General Adoptive Parent boards. I think there used to be a board for LGBT members who were PAPs and hadn't adopted yet, but it is no longer available for whatever reason. Anyway, you'll find that many of our members here on your side of the triad are gays and lesbians.
These sub-forums were also created many years ago - when there weren't as many LGBT families adopting. Should they be updated or should have already been updated? I don't know - not my call to make. It does seems primarily that the General AP Support forum is the one most people post on and is very inclusive.
Kind regards,
Dickons
There are so many GLBT posting on the general board. It's not meant as a slight at all. Non-traditional doesn't just mean GLBT either. So come over and post of the busy General board. You will find a great deal of support there.
Advertisements
GUAdaddy - you have not posted here in 18 months, nor replied to the moderator up thread who told you there are LGBT families who use the General forums, which would have been an opportunity for you to start a thread there to reach out, and start a conversation to find out if there was a group who could benefit from another subforum. You didn't seem to want to extend the effort - just complain?
Kind regards,
Dickons