Advertisements
Advertisements
This is our first inquiry for adoption. We've wanted to adopt for the past couple of years and have been foster parents in MI for about six months, and were foster parents in GA for over a year before moving to MI. We have my three biological sons. The little guys we are looking to adopt are 3 and his twin brother that are 1. They are listed on our state registry. I feel a great joy at having a house full of boys and I think we are the right place and time to have these little ones join our family. My boys are old enough to help, they are good with the little ones, and my husband has a pretty flexible schedule.
The case worker asked for our homestudy, which our worker sent to her. Now we wait. I hope we hear something soon!
Advertisements
They are in the same state as we are. The only think we've heard so far is that their worker has requested our home study. In our state the guidelines, not the law, is that the worker has 21 days from the first inquiry to review all the inquiries and decide if any might be a good fit and then sent out the children's packets. Apparently there was no match found in the first 21 days. So then the start over on another 21 days, which ends in two days from today. Apparently there have been many inquiries for them, but they still asked for our home study so that gives me a tiny ray of hope. Though the children are AA and we are CC, they are young and we already have three children - all these things make me think they'll skip over us too in seek of maybe an AA family or a family without other children. There have to be a lot of good families out there asking about them! I don't think ours is any better than many of those homes...so we wait. I was hoping I'd hear something today like that she was sending their packets, but I doubt anything is going to be heard until after Thanksgiving. If I was confident they were going to pick us it would be one thing, but since my hope is so slim I'd rather find out right away that we are not in the running so I don't wait in anticipation for too long...haha