Advertisements
Advertisements
my situation is a little different, due to that we are foster/adopt. When it became very clear that our STAS is going to be adoptable (we knew that from the beginning, he was placed at birth), *I* was having the same thoughts as you.... him growing up alone, and being the only bi racial child in the family... we are also older parents.
well, GOD took care of that problem, lol when my son was 4 month old, CYS called us for a newborn baby girl, also bi racial. WOULD she have been blond/blue eyed I would have NOT said yes!
It's a LOT of work raising 2 toddlers at the same time.
BUT, I'm thinking long term, when they are older, they will have EACH OTHER. I'm thinking play grounds and beaches... they will never have to 'go look for somebody' to play with....
also, when they go to school, nobody will say: that's not your 'real' sister.. they look alike :)
but I must say, there are days where I wished we only would have ONE child! and that has nothing to do with money or whatnot, it's just right now a lot of work getting 2 ready all the time for walks/shopping etc.... once they are older, it'll get easier...