Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I had similar problems with my AD when she was in daycare/preschool. She wasn't a napper plain and simple. She was also expected to sit quietly and read or color. The other problem was she was super hyper and had behavior issues so it wasn't even possible to expect this from her. The daycare had the same lunchtime staff rotation going on at the time. I just laid it out for them and told them she wasn't going to sleep and she'll just have to do the best she can being quiet. Whenever they were able they would find another place for her to go.
Maybe try these things with the school:
- Is everyone else sleeping at this time. Is it only one age group. If another age group isn't sleeping maybe she could go there sometimes.
- How about music through headphones. Would she like this. Maybe music and coloring when she has to sit somewhere and be quiet. There must be a teacher in there supervising. Ask if she can sit near the this person.
- I had special interventionists my FD saw come and see her during naptime. We even have a program that will go to daycares and work with them.
A few things to think about. Preschool was hard for us but we made it through and my AD is now a well behaved, smart and socially engaged 2nd grader :)