Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: No one loves me
Sophie,
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know you posted this a few weeks ago. I hope you're feeling some better.
It took me a long time to understand that not everyone is able to love another person. Some people have their own issues, they can't even truly love themselves. This makes it impossible for them to properly show love to another. It's NOT a reflection on you.
My mom didn't want to be a mom for a while when I was little and I bounced from family member to family member. Then she met a man and they came and got me. She's been in my life ever since. That man adopted me so that she wouldn't leave him. He was an alcoholic, on drugs, emotionally and physically abusive. When my mom finally left him, he dropped out of my life. He didn't want anything to do with me. He certainly didn't consider himself my dad anymore.
His actions though aren't because I'm unlovable. They are because of problems he has that have nothing to do with me. My mom didn't leave me as a child because I'm a horrible person. She left me because of problems she has that again have nothing to do with me.
It took me years to find peace with this idea. I still sometimes have to stop that tape that starts playing in my head saying hurtful things like I'm not loveable. Those thoughts are the ghosts of someone else's problem and I don't have to listen to them.
Know that it's not you and you are not along. Take back your power and your identity. You are not his shortcomings. Take care of yourself. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to talk more.