American Adoptions
Have any of you used with this agency? I'd like to send a private message to ask about your impressions/experiences. Thank you!
I used them. I don't have time to type out a PM right now, but I think I have a link to my blog somewhere on my profile.
We are currently using them.
We are also currently using them!
Quiet Poet 2004-I see it took a month between your last HS visit and your approval, did they tell you it would take that long? I ask because our Social Worker told us about 2 weeks.
aintlifegrand said...
We are also currently using them!
Quiet Poet 2004-I see it took a month between your last HS visit and your approval, did they tell you it would take that long? I ask because our Social Worker told us about 2 weeks.

We were told it would probably take a couple weeks. However, we had an issue with one of my husbands clearances from a different state. We weren't told they needed a self addressed stamped envelope to process, so we didn't send one. The state didn't let us know it wasn't being processed, so when we checked a few weeks later, we found out it had been sitting on a desk unprocessed for weeks. So, it wasn't the agency's fault.
We are very interested in American Adoptions and would like any reviews or advice from couples who have used them in the past. We have a few main concerns:
1) Do they have any issues or past with pressuring parents to place their child for adoption?
2)We live in OH which is a state they are not licensed in- will we have the same level of interaction with them and will there be any hidden fees because of extra paperwork or something of that nature
3) are they experienced with military families?
4) There is one page on their website that notes they subsidize (5,500) of the adopting parents budget when they decide to adopt in transracial/biracial child- does anyone know this to be true because on their fee schedule they do not note that (unfortunately we have to be very budget mindful), Pleae PM me with any info, Thanks!!
We used them and my husband is currently holding our 2 1/2 week old daughter! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Congrats Booberry! How long did you have to wait after you were active??
Hi all. It's nice to hear such good things about American Adoptions. My husband and I are looking at them as well and trying to compare with a local agency.
Hi all, I am interested in American Adoptions. Any feedback would be appreciated.