Advertisements
Advertisements
Why cant i find anything or anyone who knows my Bmom. I have my bname and her name and not one clue. Nothing!!! I have been on every free site and some payed sites and still nothing....Why? With the internet you would think her name would pop up
Advertisements
She may well have married, and once married, it becomes really hard to track women by their maiden names.
How old was your mother at the time of your birth? Did your birth certificate give her address? If so, the address might just be the address at which she grew up. I would recommend looking at what schools were in the area. Then maybe go on a site such as classmates.com and see if you can find a picture of her at one of the schools.
The older generations do not have much of an internet footprint. There is not a lot of info. out there about my mother, either. But, I found her by figuring out where she went to high school. Her married name was listed on one of those high school sites.
1 Liked
 likes this.
If you send me the information you do have from your OBC via Private Message (PM), I'll take a look for you over at the public record databases at Ancestry.com. I have a full world membership and can access all the different databases. It might be worth a try!
(The reason I ask you to send the info via PM and not put it out here on the thread is to protect you from scammers. Unfortunately, some people enjoy playing with other people's minds and hearts -- and use private info shared publicly on threads to pull their scams.)
2 Liked
and  like this.
Do not give up. I know it is frustrating. I have done searches on and off and it has finally paid off. I too kept coming to a dead end. Not just on the birth mother... but the birth mother and other birth siblings as well!! I would get very stressed and have to put the computer away. After a month or so I would try again with a fresh head. Did this a few times and it paid of just last week. There had actually been a name change on the birth father and siblings!! I put the records together through ancestry.com and they really do put new records in all the time.
So don't give up... just take a break and hopefully it will come forth for you.
Best wishes
K9
1 Liked
 likes this.