Advertisements
Advertisements
Dear Sharon
Thanks so much for your long and heartfelt response. I really appreciate it. Your comments about friends and family support and what can happen when you find yourself ill as a singleton really hit home and make a lot of sense. We are not getting any younger.
The places that I would have friends and family to support me are unfortunately the two places which do not have much work right now and so its because of economic reasons that Id consider settling in London or similair as the jobs are there. This is the trade-off - income support or family support!
I also intended to only apply after a year or so of being settled so I dont mind waiting as Im only 41 but wanted to make the right choice of location in advance so that I am fully committed and likely to succeed with a placement.
So, the question to ask then is .... which countries allow adoption from single women?
I am not keen on endless flights back and forth like the Russian process and would maybe consider Ukraine or so instead.
The advantage with adopting from fostering especially in the Uk is the level of post adoption support is high and also the local authorities will be more transparent about the childs health and other issues. However, perhaps Asian adoptions dont come with the higher risks of alcohol foetal syndrome and the impact of abuse and neglect etc.