Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I'm not an adoptee so take this for what it's worth...nothing....But
My parents didn't make a big deal out of our birthdays either. In fact, I can only remember 1 maybe 2 birthday parties. I am the total opposite with my kids. We have big birthday celebrations with big gifts. My mom just doesn't understand it. She will say things like "My goodness they so have so many presents you would think it was Christmas" Or "This is NOT Christmas you know"! Irritate the fire out of me. I usually respond with something like "No, its not Christmas, but it is their special day! I want them to know how special they are"! She still don't get it!
So maybe your parents are just clueless like mine. She loves me and she loves all her grandchildren. She buys them birthday gifts, she just doesn't understand why we make such a big deal out of it. Which makes me not understand HER!
By the way, we adopted our youngest child. We never celebrate "Gotta Day" or the day the adoption was finalized. I remember the day, and always make mention of it, but we save the celebrations for birthdays. But that doesn't mean I love my kids more than my parents loved me. It just means we do things differently.
Hope my rambling helps in some way:)