Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Wow, how crazy and so much to have to take in. As a mother of twins I cannot imagine keeping one and giving up the other. I do hope your parents are being more supportive then it sounds like they initially were. I was also lied to about being adopted and don't understand what compels people to do it. As a parents, I know I am mom, whether or not my children were biologically mine I am their mom, just as my adoptive mom was, the person that takes care of a child is the parent. I just wanted to offer my story, you're not alone and sadly this lying to adoptees is more common than you would think. I hope you are able to find peace and your family members. The first thing to check is whether or not your state is an open adoption state that makes it a lot easier. However, with social networking, I think it is virtually impossible to hide from anyone. Good luck finding your family and here is a link to my story if you are interested.
My family reacted horrible, and still to this day act like they are the victim for me finding out and wanting to know the truth. It doesn't make sense to me, and sadly I no longer have contact with my adoptive family because they wanted to continue to live the lie even though I know the truth.
[url=http://www.elle.com/life-love/society.../the-race-to-find-myself-510051]One Woman's Shocking Story About Her Family Past - Read More Personal Stories - ELLE[/url]