Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Sorry...I'm a late comer to this thread. I just happened on it and I have to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry that they chose to withhold that personal information from you, and I'm sorry that you had to find out in that way. I just don't get how people think sometimes...and then sometimes I wonder if some think at all. Yikes...
I would do whatever I could to get ahold of that file or at least to make copies of any and all information that pertains to your adoption. Depending on whether things have settled down with your a-family or not, that may be your first, best and possibly only source of reliable information.
And FWIW, as I was reading the original post and then the suggestion was made to leave a note about it, there was a part of me that went "ooooh, noooo!" To me, the question of whether you were adopted is one of those things that's just too big to put in a note and hope to get back to later. I'm not defending your a-mom's meltdown or how they handled this information in keeping it from you, but I do wonder if her explosion was in part due to how the truth came out?
As a parent, I know that my now grown kids are going to spring some things on me from time to time that I'm just not going to like. Period. Personally, I'd rather hear it directly from them though than via a note or some other means where I can read...stew...re-read...stew some more... I still won't like it, but I'd rather hear it that way. Just my .02. I hope things improve with your a-family and that you can search for your b-family if you decide you would like to go that route.
Best,
PADJ