Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi Mandy,
This isn't about a first-father, but it's relevant:
[URL="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-spent-20-years-searching-165244"]Article: Woman searches 20 yrs for brother, finds him in jail for murder[/URL]
Zeke11
If anyone knows about a BP's involvement in a violent crime, has this affected how you feel about yourself?
My first-father's life is different than mine, and his choices are different than mine. I wanted a relationship with him regardless of knowing what he did and that he had been in jail. His choices haven't reflected on me in a personal way, except for one thing which directly affected me. That part is complicated.
Part of the issue is that he was simply not well. That is another concern in itself.
Despite everything, I am glad I know the truth. That is what I wanted, regardless of what it was.
I worry that DD (the match with with a baby girl) will need to figure out if her BF murdering someone impacts how she identifies herself. If that is the case, does anyone know how we could help her with that?
If she starts wondering about that, I recommend therapy. I have not wanted to talk to my APs very much about my feelings on this particular issue.