Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello all!
I have been reading the forums for quite a while now and just needed a little support from others going through the same situation.
My husband and I started the straight adoption process about a year and a half ago. We had one match and it did not work out in the end. So, after lots of waiting and lots of prayer, we decided we needed to look into foster to adopt. We have been "official" for about 3 weeks now and have had 3 calls that we said yes to and were not selected for any of them. We also had 2 calls for respite care that we were thrilled to say yes to as well but did not work because the family found a family member that was able to watch them. Needless to say, I feel like they are never going to pick us. I am a stay at home mom in Texas to my wonderful 7 year old bio son. I guess it just feels like the journey is getting longer and longer. I really am not focused on solely adoption in the end, I just want to help these little ones. I feel so sad sometimes, I know it is part of the process though. Any advice? I am trying to be patient. Thank you all in advance!