Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We waited over 3 years. Yep, you read that right.
We were straight adopt for most of that, just recently added our foster license. We were matched last month with our kids!
Im kinda sad that we never got to foster though! We only got one call and it didnt pan out.
It depends on your area and how "busy" they are. Our county is very very slow, and many of the kids in care are in kinship. I think we have about 45 foster homes, and many are empty. We are tansistioning our girls home now and hope to have final move in in January.
Once we get our girls settled, I hope to go on the list again (they wont put you on the list til 6 months after adoption)
I will only accept babies after we adopt the girls though so we may never get a placement, but we will be out of bedrooms and could only take a baby that could stay in our room.
Now, once my oldest moves out, we will have another bedroom and we can open up for any age. He graduates this year and thinks he is all grown up and wants to move to PA to be with his girlfriend.... I dont think he is read for the real world and hope he will change his mind.
Anyhow, sorry for the off topicness of my reply!
Your time will come. We had all but given up that it would happen...and them BAM.