Advertisements
Advertisements
Agree with others that it's the teacher's fault at this point. Do feel compassion for her, AFA managing that many children in her class. With that said, IF you can work a situation where he has little quarter-page charts on his desk (maybe you'd need to design and format? or search for same online, then put in your own sections) -- then you might set up rewards.
May I suggest don't ask him to be perfect. But say, days when he had only 1-2 areas with no sticker would count. Ask him what *he* would like to have, something medium big. Trip someplace? A particular toy? Then say that if he goes ONE week with stickers in most places (you define), then he gets that thing.
I got this reward idea from a friend. Think about it, it can be easier to work for a reward, than to try to avoid punishment. I did this with a 15-year-old FAS foster boy who was an absolute nightmare at school at year end, in office constantly, even suspended! He had to get a lady at school to sign off on a chart I made, that he hadn't been in trouble for x number of days... then I would take him to Dairy Queen and buy him up to $20 of food. (That reward as I knew he'd like it.)
You know what? He turned his behavior around! It was the reward that motivated him.