Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Heavey Heart
I hope you don't mind my chiming in here as a birthmother. A little over 3 weeks ago I was getting changed in our employer's fitness center when I heard a couple of women talking about her upcoming adoption of a baby. She had mentioned flippantly that it was the easiest pregnancy ever, she could drink and didn't have to worry about her health, etc. Her friends laughed but then she mentioned (a little under her breath) that she felt sorry for the emom. I wasn't sure if she meant in general, or just because she couldn't drink, etc. The first comment really bothered me, and I didn't say anything (although I wanted to).
It's very comforting to hear that some AP's think so much of the birthparents and what they're actually going through. If your adoption goes through, it's my advice to you to relay this to her, if you feel comfortable doing so. I know I would want to know that the pain of doing what I did wasn't lost on the adoptive family. The adoptive parents in my case told me via their letter that although they didn't know the pain and heartache of putting a child up for adoption, they said that they had been through pain and heartache of their own with losing several pregnancies and could at least understand a little. It helped me immensely to know they empathized.
Bless you and your family, and I hope everything works out for everyone involved.