Advertisements
Advertisements
I adopted 2 boys from Cambodia in 1997 and 1999. They are 16 and 13 now. I am looking to meet other families who did adopt from Cambodia while it was open.
I started a DNA Project for all adopted children from Cambodia to see if any of the children were related to each other. The web site is here
[url=http://khmercousinsproject.shutterfly.com/]Shutterfly[/url]
We have 38 members now and only 8 have not been matched. The DNA test can find matches from immediate relationships of parent/sibling/grandparent out to the 5th cousin. Most of the matches so far are 2nd-5th cousin. But for our kids even finding one person who is a blood relation at 4th cousin is better then nothing.
I have now partnered with a group in Cambodia who does birth parent searches and have provided them with DNA kits. We just received our first potential birth parent test result and it was a positive match as the birth mother for one of our members.
I am the volunteer project manager for the DNA project and receive no income from helping families find family members. I do this for my sons. Please contact me here in a message or through my website.
Kari Lemons
Project Manager
Khmer Cousins DNA Project