Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I have just started the process of a domestic adoption. We have enough saved for the home study and for part of the adoption, but we definitely don't have enough for the whole process. We want to ask our family and friends for any financial support they feel comfortable offering, but we're not sure when's the right point. Is it best to start right away, or should you wait until the home study is completed? Our biggest worry about waiting is that by some miracle we get matched shortly after our home study is completed and won't have the funds to cover it. Any advice?
Advertisements
We never felt comfortable doing any fundraising before our home study was done. People, even friends and family, want to know that you are IN the process, not just talking about, and that you have put up your own money to start it.
My name is Michelle and my Husband and I attended a foster/adoption meeting at our church a couple of days ago.
I learned that fundraising can be needed by families wanting to adopt. I have a candle business that depending on the product chosen could give a 40% profit.
I would love to work with other would be adopters to fundraise with candles.
If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact me.
Michelle