Advertisements
Advertisements
I sent out my second letter by regular mail on Saturday. In it, I let mom know that my certified letter had been delivered and was waiting for her to claim it at the Post Office.
Today someone from the Visitation Center called and told me that mom had called them and left a message this Monday stating that she just received her letter and wanted to arrange a visit, even though she is already beyond the deadline that they initially gave her. They decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and have been trying to call her back to arrange it ever since. No answer and no voicemail enabled. As of today, they have decided that there will be no visit.
I should add that my son is part of a large sibling group, all adopted separately, and similar glitches have continually happened with his siblings since the adoptions two years ago. Several of the adoptive families have decided not to continue visits at this time. I am not at that point yet, but am feeling more and more inclined to support the Visitation Center in sticking with the letter of our agreement and holding those boundaries.
If my son was more invested in the visits I would definitely stretch the guidelines a bit if necessary. He is very neutral about it all right now, willing to go if he has to, but not real eager about it and doesn't seem too concerned when they are missed.