Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
sugarmomma73
Inshape, Have pick up the little sweetie yet? If so, how is she?
Well, we left the house at 12p to drive to the hosp which is an hr away, only to find out that wasn't the hospital she was at. Once we got to the right hosp we waited there for 2 hours,waiting for equipment that she needed before she left. She's on a feeding tube and has some other medical issues.There was miscommunication about whether the equipment would be delivered to the hosp or to our house. By the time it got to 4pm we told them that we had to get scooting b/c we had kids at home and other responsibilities. We said YES to the call at 9:30am, you'd think they'd have everything together and waiting for us. It was a pretty stressful day, but she was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
We are going to pick her up this morning after home health drops off the equipment. I'll update you all then. She's beautiful, and from what the nurses say she's a pretty good baby. Alert during the day and sleeps well at night. I prepared for the worst when I saw her, but she actually looks healthy, considering.
Anyone have any advice you can give me on G-tubes? I had to calm my husband down yesterday. He was freaking out thinking that we'd be trapped in the house forever and wouldn't be able to take her out. I know it's gonna take some getting used to, but I don't think it will change our lifestyle as drastically as he thinks it will.