Advertisements
Advertisements
Honsetly, I would tell you that maybe foster care is what is needed in this case. (yes, I'm a foster parent who loves taking teens). I say that because if I were in your place and had young children, I would think about how having a teen with the behavior problems you have given, would effect my little ones. You have already had her there and tried to enact some control, but it isn't working because there appears to be nothing she cares about so a reward/consequences system doesn't work. I am surprised her therapist hasn't been helpful either. If you haven't done so, perhaps a sit down with the therapist would give you an opportunity to really explain what is going on and what help you need to help her. Be very clear about the fact that without some help for her behavior, she is headed for foster care as there isn't anyone else to take her. Is she on any medications? Has she been evaluated for depression or any mental illnesses? (considering her father has them and perhaps her behavior is a sign of that)