Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Ultra.... I am an adult adoptee, and adoptee rage is something I deal with daily.
My bio mom found me at when I turned 18. She was my beat friend. As soon as I moved away from home she stopped contacting me. I then started my own family, and that's when the rage truly began. I began to put my whole life in perspective. And, even though I was raised by amazing adopted parents I would have given anything to be raised by my now very successful mother.
Now, with that being said... I have an extreme amount of anger towards her right now, but it has nothing to do with my adoption. Its another looooong story.
I understand how your daughter is feeling. And, a lot of her feels very torn between you, her adoptive mother, and her bio father. She is probably hearing everyone's point of view and I'm sure none of them are too pleasing. My bio father still finds it necessary to bash my mother (really? After all these years, it takes 2 to tango, and 2 to relinquish rights).
Anyways, instead of calling all the time. I think you should send some cards or letters with some nice thoughts in them. Just to let her know that you are there for her, if and when she is ready. Because in the end, if it doesn't work out... You want the personal peacefulness that comes with knowing you did everything you could, instead of sitting back and waiting
Much love and luck to you. And if you ever need to talk feel free to PM me
Sarah