Advertisements
Advertisements
Sorry for my title... Just don't know how to make sense of all this.
I have wanted to find my birth mom or birth sister, for awhile. I quit. However recent events have me wondering where I come from and who I really am. So here is what I have...
My legal adopted name is Jodi Kaye Levy Born 9/21/78 at St. Francis Medical Center Lynwood, CA
6 weeks later I was living in Norwalk CA with my birthmother Netta Kaye Carr. This is the name on my original Birth Cert. Father says unknown. I recently found out that Netta Carr is not her maiden name, due to the fact that she was married at the time of my birth to Gary Carr (not my father) She had a boyfriend at the time Bobby Ansaldo (also not my father). I was told I have a sister Linda Kaye (last name unknown) about 5 years older.
My info on social security changed when I turned 18 listing mother as Juanietta Kaye Glenn. I looked on CA birth Registry. There is 2 listings
Jodi Kaye Carr 09/21/1978 LA County mother maiden name Glenn
Jodi Kaye Glenn 09/21/1978 LA County mother maiden name Glenn.
My adoptive mother says that my adoption was closed. So why all this info is mixed up is a mystery. Needless to say I am beyond frustrated and I want answers, but I don't know where to look. And no matter how I search whatever site I search in I come up with nothing.
I have medical issues that I want desperately to get history on, but can not.
I don't know what else to do. I know that she divorced Gary Carr 7 months after my birth. And the last time Netta was heard from was 1985 at which time she was in Nevada.
I was adopted by the people my birthmother had babysitting me so I get bits and pieces here and there. Like yesterday I finally found out that my adoption was done through James Tweety Law firm in Encino CA. My adoptive parents Attorney.
My mom is sending me my adoption paperwork and everything on it is signed Netta Carr. However Social Security insists I list mothers maiden name as Glenn in order to get any assistance from them. Something I am not willing to do at this time.
Whoever can help. Search for me. give me answers. Find me a good Investigator. whatever. I am now desperate to know the truth.
Advertisements
Hi:
This mix up is very, very interesting. I hope you have found out more, but if not I think I have at least found the birth record on Netta...which is showing up in LA County as Juanita Kay Glenn, b 13 Feb 1948, mother's maiden name Jorgensen. I looked all over for Juanita/Netta and couldn't find anything else on her anywhere....probably because she is using nicknames. I would also think she married but I can't find a marriage for her in CA or NV.
At any rate, given you have the SS record showing her as your mother you should be able to use that as proof of relation to order a copy of her birth certificate. Once you get that you'll have her parent's full names and you can see if she had any more siblings with better names that can be tracked and hopefully lead back to her.
I think it's your best bet at this time. Let me know what happens!
Regards,
Terri England
Adoption Angel