Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
It's a lot easier to blame attachment problems because then her mom is to blame. Otherwise, it's a lot more difficult to deal with.
It's very difficult to be sympathetic towards her after how terribily she has treated her grandmother and my daughters.
Twice now in the last three days she's has been incredibly verbally abusive to her grandma- screaming and yelling at her some very hateful things and using a long list of obsenities. One of these incidents happened while some volunteers from her grandma's church where there to help.
My cousin is completely unremorseful. She won't apoligize.
There's absolutely no way she can remain with her grandma. Her grandma was recently diagnosed with lymphoma, which is hopefully treatable, but she also has diabetes and complications from that. She needs to focus on her health.
I realize now that I'm not equiped at all to deal with a teen with this type of behavior problems and I don't want her around my kids. If she's having these problems now, what will she be like in another year? There aren't any other relatives in this area that can take her. She might be able to go stay with my husband's brother in the short term, but he's not married and doesn't have any experience dealing with kids. More likely she's going to end up in foster care.