Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi buccini82! I'm pretty new here myself. My hubby and I were married 6 years when we decided to adopt. And I have no regrets! It took us 2 years of waiting once we were approved through our agency (and a couple of failed placements) before we were placed with our son, which was a little over a year ago.
We have a pretty open adoption, I'm quite sure it would be even more open if we didn't live 7 hours away from our son's bparents. But we've gone over and visited them a few times in the past year, and plan to continue to do so. I recommend open (it's not as scary as you might think at first!), but it also depends on everyone involved, and what you and any possible birthparents who choose you feel comfortable with. And whether open is what's best for any children you may adopt.
We were very fortunate to go through the agency associated to our church. The church covered a lot of the expenses and we only had to pay a portion of it. It was still a lot of money (our portion), but not nearly as much as it would have been without our church's help.
Waiting for THE call to tell you you've been chosen by a birthparent, not to mention everything you need to do to be approved, is such a rollercoaster ride of emotions, but then again so is infertility! It's not always an easy road to go on, but it's definitely worth it in the end! I can't imagine life without my little guy now!
Good luck with whatever decision you and your husband make!