Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Adoption can be as expensive or in-expensive as you make it from my experience. International adoption is by far the most expensive for obvious reasons. If you go through a private agency it can cost a few thousand dollars and up, or you can go through the public adoptions with the government. There are plenty of younger child, although not usually babies, that are available for adoption. There is also a common thought that these children have a lot of issues, but you do get some control over what kind of problems you are willing to work with. They also give you training to deal with a lot of these things.
If you are still unsure you could look into fostering or foster-to-adopt. my husband and I were considering foster to adopt and it is great for someone wanting a baby because you are much more likely to get a foster baby that will become eligible for adoption than you are a pure adoption. Another great part about the foster-adopt is that you spend a lot of time with the child and you learn a lot about them before anything is final.
From a different point of view, as an adopted child, My life would not have been so full of opportunity if I had not been adopted and to be able to give a child that opportunity myself is wonderful.
If you want to know more about the government adoption or adopting older children you can always pm me and I'll tell you more about it! :)