Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
preacherjt
I'm glad this question was asked, because it is something I have always wondered. As a follow-up question, "If the father has never been in the picture, will cw's still search for relatives on the father's side? Would they give serious consideration to someone from the father's side if one suddenly showed up?"
I have always felt like the biodad that's not in the picture creates far too much of an unsettling mystery in the life of the child and the fp.
The answer is yes, they will look for him and possible relatives. Family is always their first choice.
In the case we have the girls are in care for the 2nd time. They have been in for almost 14 months now. Bio dad #3 wasn't found until July given that another man's name was on the birth certificate and mom didn't name him until then. So now the "goal" is for all 3 girls to ICPC to go live with him. I don't see it happening since he isn't visiting or doing phone visits, but we shall see.
But yeah, he passed background checks so he became their goal as Dad #1 is deceased, Dad #2 is mentally handicapped, homeless and jobless, and mom isn't working her plan.