Advertisements
Advertisements
luvbeingamom
1. Will they give the child back to the father with his history and citizenship?
2. Obviously, I cannot foster due to distance. To be truthful, I would not want to foster her and rip my children's heart out when/if she went home. They have been through enough! My niece has had many long, long periods of sobriety intermixed with crazy insane periods of using. She would have my children now had she not abandoned them after 24 hours of RU. My children have mild attachment issues due to their early neglect and multiple caregivers. The new baby has had much more stability, but this looks like it may be coming to an end. I would want to be a permanancy resourse for this child. Would I have a chance? I know, relative coming out of the woodwork. I would ask for placement right away, and the foster parents would know, but she is a day's drive away from us. It will not happen till goal change which could be as long as a year. Mom voluntarily relinquished my children, so no involuntary TPR.
3. Would the father's bio family have a better chance, even though they are in another country?
4. My second choice would be Grandma. She is the parent of my first foster daughter. She is sober, and has come a long way in the past five years. Could she be the permanancy resourse?
5. Could she move back here and have the case and child moved here while she worked on RU? I might be able to do this logistically, but I still have my concerns about my kids well-being. Has anyone ever fostered a sibling before who went back to the parents?
6. If she moved back before CPS catches up with her, how much trouble will she be in for running? Assuming she is sober.
I'm in Texas so this is probably what would happen here:
1)They would only give the baby to the father if he did not have any CPS case and could pass a criminal background check. If his name is involved in any on-going CPS case, then the baby would stay in foster care.
They do not care about citizenship issues.
2)Ask for placement today. You don;t know what CPS is doing and waiting only makes it harder. It doesn't matter how far away you are, what matters is that you are family and it is possible they would place with you. You don't know what CPS has told her(if anything) and they may be pressuring her to terminate asap.
3)No. Not to another country.
4)Yes, but she would have to be the call CPS.
5) if you mean moving to be near you so she could work a plan,then CPS would probably be in favor of that, but there are logisitcs to be worked out between counties. Not unheard of.
6)The running is not really an issue unless she put the baby in danger, which CPS would have to prove in court and that would then go into all the evidence they have for termination.
I would strongly advise you to call CPS and get your name in there asap. Foster care is so crazy(as you know) and no matter what happens, it is better to try to be involved as soon as you can. If the baby is placed with another foster family(due to distance), it gives you the ability to maybe develop some relationship with them and have some future contact for your children,especially if it goes to adoption for that family.