Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I originally set my age range as 0-3 with an exception up to 4-5 if they were autistic. But now I have really changed my mind to 0-5 with an exception to 0-8 if it is a sibling group of 3-5. I am not in this to adopt, I want to foster for a year or so and then have bio kids. I am not quite ready to bring a baby into the world but can't fathom not having kids in the house for a couple more years and figured I could do some good while I waited. One of the reasons that I set my age range 0-3 at first is because of my dad, he is scared of the unknown of fostering and I figured that he would bond easier with a younger child but he has said some things recently that made me realize that he finally "got it" and understand that I am doing this to help children and he is excited to help too.
Age range is so hard for me because I work with kids all day and have some great older kids that I would take home in a heart beat, but the unknown of an older child scares me and the risk of false allegations from an upset older child scares me to death.
Good luck I am not even fully approved and have already changed my age range.