Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My husband and I are starting our application, and starting to talk about age groups. We have only one extra bedroom, and could fit two kiddos in there (we're looking for a bunk bed). We also have room for a bassinet or crib in the bedroom if we need to get one.
We are thinking about having boys, but can't seem to decide on an age group. Initially, we were thinking about 0-7, because in our state, if you're under 25 (we both are), you have to be 15 years older than an adopted kiddo. I would hate to get a placement that is a great fit for us, and then lose him/them because we're too young to adopt when they are free. (7 puts them 15 years younger than my husband)
My other concern with older boys is size-my fear is if we have an teenage boy with anger/violent outbursts, we (mostly me) won't be able to restrain him or protect ourselves if he comes after one of us.
My husband, on the other hand, has this fantasy of being able to go to sports games and have someone to watch football with! So he wants to be able to take any boy from 0-17.
Thoughts?