Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm very new at this process and came across this site. I was hoping to get feedback from people who have actually gone through the process. Any info would be greatly appreciated:) Currently I have turned in all paperwork and have completed 2 classes. My overall goal is to foster adopt a female infant. I'm a single parent who just wants one more child, but does not want to go through the pregnancy process again. Since I'm single it seems this is my only way for now. Is it possible? After the second class I'm kind of getting a little discouraged that it is not be able to be placed with a infant. As anyone had any success with this in DFW Texas area I would love to here your process.
Hi Brooklyn!!!! I'm in Rockwall and just getting started as well (you are a bit ahead of me). From what I've read on these forums anything is possible! Just be patient and willing to wait...That's what I've gathered so far! Good luck! There are gobs of us starting down this path
Advertisements
We're hoping to foster baby girls too with the hopes that one will become available for adoption someday. You're a couple classes ahead of us. Good luck!
We were told anyone who works full time can get childcare help through the state, so you should be able to get an infant. One thing to keep in mind is that if you take an infant under 6 weeks or a premie, then you would need to be able to take FMLA to be home with the child, because daycares will not take kids before 6 weeks or premies u til a doctor releases them to go to daycare.
I don't think it would be impossible for you though. Those classes sometimes scare people by giving worst case senerios.
Thanks for responding:) I wish all of you good luck in the process as well. I guess I just need to take one day at a time......
Advertisements
You actually answered one of my questions I have been waiting on from the agency if infants in foster rcare qualify for ccms . Thank you! Yes that was another decision and answer I'm waiting on because I can not take Flma every placement especially if it is not going to be long term:)
Wondering how all you knew or exsisting foster parentsv felt when you were neewbies. While this is all very exciting, it's also a little scary anyone else feeling a little scared of all the unknowns?? There are just so many variables for each situation.
We are Becoming foster/adopt parents 0-8 years possibly 10 within a sibling group. We have a 12 year old bio daughter still at home and a 20 year old bio daughter off at college.
1/23/2013- Orientation
1/24/2013- initial application, fingerprints, background mailed in
2/10/2013- Finished Pride classes
2/13/2013-final application mailed in
Momyov2
Wondering how all you knew or exsisting foster parentsv felt when you were neewbies. While this is all very exciting, it's also a little scary anyone else feeling a little scared of all the unknowns?? There are just so many variables for each situation.
We are Becoming foster/adopt parents 0-8 years possibly 10 within a sibling group. We have a 12 year old bio daughter still at home and a 20 year old bio daughter off at college.
1/23/2013- Orientation
1/24/2013- initial application, fingerprints, background mailed in
2/10/2013- Finished Pride classes
2/13/2013-final application mailed in
Its scary not knowing what's ahead but its great too. There are ups and downs and sometimes its exciting and others times it sad and depressing but all worth it if your succeed with an adoption in the end. Its important to make friends with people who are going through this because outsiders won't get it. PM if you need a friend to chat with through the process.
Advertisements
Brooklyn7241
I'm very new at this process and came across this site. I was hoping to get feedback from people who have actually gone through the process. Any info would be greatly appreciated:) Currently I have turned in all paperwork and have completed 2 classes. My overall goal is to foster adopt a female infant. I'm a single parent who just wants one more child, but does not want to go through the pregnancy process again. Since I'm single it seems this is my only way for now. Is it possible? After the second class I'm kind of getting a little discouraged that it is not be able to be placed with a infant. As anyone had any success with this in DFW Texas area I would love to here your process.
I'm not in your area but don't be discouraged because anything is possible when you're dealing with Childrens Services. Stay focused and be positive...don't let anyone discourage you. Good luck.
Momyov2
Rm41more thanks for the encouragement... Just waiting on home study now!!!
No problem. The HomeStudy will be a breeze. Let me know how it goes. Best of luck.