Advertisements
Advertisements
I met with a Head Start intake worker last week about enrolling one of our foster children.
I am self-employed. She wants me to have one of my clients fill out an employment verification form as proof that I work. When I met with her, I took our tax returns from last year hoping that she could use that as proof. Unfortunately, she wasn't much of a listener.
The form uses the word 'employee'. I'm not an employee and if any of my clients filled out that form it would set them up for a huge hassle with the IRS. I'm sure it would set me up for a hassle with them, too!
I know that it's unlikely that the form would be seen by the IRS, but I don't care. I'm not willing to take any chances.
Any one else have this problem? I've met with her in person and emailed twice to explain why I can't fill out that form.
I don't even NEED the full-day care, but I also want to enroll his little sister in Early Head Start. Unfortunately, the start/end times for Head Start and Early Head Start are not the same unless I do full-day. They do not provide transportation so I would have to make numerous trips to drop off and pick up, which is not practical.