Advertisements
Advertisements
From what i have read on here and your linked webpage you have not fostered and do not seem to know what you are talking about. CPS does what ever the hell they want. CSW tend to act on their own and their supervisors will back them up with any choice they make while acting rouge. Supervisors seem to do this because the stake are always very high in their field. In order to fight a county after they have made a choice takes a great deal of money and fancy lawyers. Please gain first hand experience before make such blanket comments such as your previous posts stating that they do not remove children without a reason.
Advertisements
It is not ''easy'' to change your name, it is costly and time consuming. Even if you changed your name, you would have to reveal that on a home study - it doesn't change who you are and they would know it was you. You would also have to report that when you do your child abuse clearances , police and FBI background checks. Just saying
I'm so sorry you were so devastated and seemingly unprepared for the foster care ride of hell. Fact is though, you didn't have him long and right from the start you had adoption as YOUR goal. That alone is setting yourself up for heartache. Your blog reveals not only photos of doc but tons of revealing information that in my county would have my kids removed immediately. I wish you luck but maybe you should consider only being an adoptive home.
MissingDoc
My name will be released within the news articles so my likely hood that I will ever be able to foster within the county that I live in is about 0% for the date it goes public. Unfortunately this will close many doors for me here in the county I live currently...
...The battle to adopt Doc will not be pretty but he is worth it!
Why can't they use an alias for you and the child in the article? They can do that with a note at the start that the people involved are concerned about retaliation and need to remain anonymous.
Vtmom3
Why can't they use an alias for you and the child in the article? They can do that with a note at the start that the people involved are concerned about retaliation and need to remain anonymous.
IF the media were to publish on this they would not name the child. It is against the law.
I agree though, ever getting another placement with this agency is unlikely. And after posting pics of the foster child in question, they may very well strip your license. I still can't post Nugget on my own private FB and his parents have both relinquished. Not until finalization.
The system is a behemoth when you are the one trying to fight it. So if you do, you better have a darn good case. I'm just not seeing it here.
Advertisements
I agree, take down the blog NOW or at least make it as private as possible and remove all photos.. Then, you can proceed. Good luck, and this sounds like a real mess.
I have to agree about posted pics -- here, that is categorically not allowed. Because I'm not an FP, I don't know if it's cause for having your license revoked, but it would be a strike against anyone with a case against CPS (as in, "this person repeatedly violated our rules for a foster parent, we had no option but to remove the child").
I'm not saying it would make or break a case, but it doesn't look good (assuming it's a rule violation where you are).
On the blog, non-identifying pics might be okay but any that show his face should be removed. Some foster parents have also had problems with information they wrote about birth parents on facebook pages they thought were set to private but were seen by a birth relative. In that case, it does not matter that the birth parents names were not used. The blog should be set to private for that reason. If a lawyer agreed to take the case, pro bono, then you must have a chance at getting Doc back. It is wonderful that you are able to successfully manage college, part-time work, and a baby, but I was wondering how that would translate on a homestudy on the ability to provide for him. Getting him back in your care is the first step but you may still have to compete against older couples who currently have the financial means to support him.
rainee
If a pre-adoptive home is not required for TPR in your state, it is still odd the social worker would avoid trying to find one by placing Doc with an elderly couple. There are private adoption agencies that work with couples who are trying to adopt from the state. Is it possible this SW wanted Doc to be legally free to be adopted from an agency?
I know it is strange but in my state it doesn't matter. One of my STBAS's siblings was moved to a home (knowing TPR was coming) that has no interest in adopting and is still there. Depending on location they just want the kid somewhere, anywhere asap I think. I don't think it is right but I don't know all the inner workings either.
Advertisements
I took a peek at your blog...do you think the move had anything to do with you being unemployed? As a previous poster pointed out, perhaps it was CW bias?
I took another look at the blog and I don't think the pics with face showing are of the OP's FFK. They're tumblr "likes".
maggie_va
I took a peek at your blog...do you think the move had anything to do with you being unemployed? As a previous poster pointed out, perhaps it was CW bias?
I am totally curious now....where is the blog?
Advertisements
I would make your blog private, if I were you. Not just because you have pictures with part of his face showing (which is a violation here but maybe not in your area, but because you posted stuff like this:
"Apparently now the county is wanting to give Doc back to his active meth addict/hooker mother who is visibly 40 lbs liter then she was 3 months ago. What in the f--!!!!!!!!"
Here in our area, that's enough for them to take your foster kids away.