Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We finished our classes before Christmas. Last visit was Christmas Eve, Eve. At that visit, we were told we could come sign the final paperwork and then would be licensed 4 days later. We told her we couldn't accept placements till January 10 so it was no hurry. MISTAKE. Our homestudy was finally ready to sign Sunday January 13. She said it would be signed by the supervisor and we would be active within the week. And then I don't hear anything. So this sunday, I email her and nicely ask if the supervisor has signed and we are active and include the right amount of small talk. I hear NOTHING. So the big question is, when do I email her back and ask what the status is. I am considering emailing her today and saying something like "You can't not respond to my emails! We are all waiting on pins and needles over here!"
In all honestly, we are excited and a bit worried the homestudy won't be approved (we have a prior CPS investigation on our record as unfounded). But the basic truth is that I am seriously losing sleep worrying that there are babies lying in the hospital or in the shelter that need a family and we are basically waiting on a signature.
So the big question, when do I follow up?