Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I was passed around with family as a child after my folks divorced and then had my step dad adopt me. My step dad and his family are no longer in my life - but I have so many folks that feel like grandparents to my little one. I've never even considered how to explain it all.
On my side, there's my mom and current step-dad (Grandma and Grandpa), mom's folks (great grandma and grandpa), mom's bro and his wife (Nana and Papa), My aunt's parents (Memaw and PePaw), my bio dad and his wife (Grandpa and Didi) and my bio dad's mom (Great Grandma) The names in parantheses are what my little one calls them. My Aunt's parents aren't actually related but since she and my uncle helped raise me, they're my family too. All of these people love my little one. Nana (my aunt) has my LO's picture on her wall of grandkids.
So is it a complicated set of relationships? I guess so. But in practice it doesn't feel that way. They're all just people who love her. Someday she'll wonder about Nana and Papa and I'll explain it then. In the meantime, I have a very special relationship with all these people, and it's just more love for the LO.
I hope it turns out the same for you.