Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
gmarie21:
Whew! My aparents are together so no stepparent/family issues to field.
Sitta:
I don't really want my bmom in my kids' lives, so that won't be a giant issue, but I'm not sure about my bsiblings. I have several. I don't know who my bdad is and don't care to. I know some of the adoption complex issues I have thanks to what he has allowed to spew forth without regard. I don't want my kids to feel this.
kakuehl:
If my bmom didn't lie so much about the circumstances of my adoption (and if she didn't let people sell drugs out of her house) I'd consider allowing them around her when they came along. I doubt any of what I just said will change.
BethVA62:
I know my amom wouldn't be that way. Both of my aparents have tried to get me to have some kind of relationship with bmom (bmom is adad's cousin and they grew up together basically as siblings). My sister (aparents' daughter) has a daughter herself. I don't worry about my amom treating my kids differently, but I fear my adad will as far as his mouth is concerned.
Sorry it took me so long to respond. Things have been crazy lately. I've been on all kinds of medicine for my (increasingly) crappy lung function. I've been out of work for 10+ days over it. They *think* it's all because of an allergic reaction, the mystery here being the allergen. On we go...