Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
susieloo
Well this is my approach toooooo!!! However there are those that do compete for affections, or to prove who is best etc etc. This kind of behaviour has prompted me to take a step back in my "Grandsons" life. Sad really as I have so much love to share!!!!
More the merrier I say!
That's very very sad Susieloo. I wish it wasn't so.
If I ever get grandkids I hope and pray it's different, but unless something changes I can't see how it will be. I've gone above and beyond to share the more than merrier attitude.
Our new in-laws have pressured our newlywed kids from the beginning in the same sort of ways. Where to live, how to live, where to work, where to go to church, how to raise future children, who are/were the better parents, trying to one up me on presents on purpose.
I thought my daughter might eat her bossy father in-law at their rehearsal dinner. She sure let him know who was in charge LOL I've never seen a pig man sit down and shut up so fast, that's my girl :wings:
I've tried for a while (all of 6 months LOL) to not play that game at all with them.
I've done the opposite, but really I've (and the kids) just let them think they've "won them" because I am so **** nice.
The gloves are off now and my claws are sticking out due to events today that made both my daughter and son in-law feel really bad about themselves, when there is absolutely no reason for them to. Hurt their spirits, nothing makes me angrier than someone kicking my daughter down a notch or making her doubt herself with their crazy opinions.
I'm joking, a little. I'm doing well so far at not blowing my top tho. It's not easy!
They won't have a chance if I do decide to play.
I'll build a new home for them on plenty of land, in a great location, new cars, abundant babysitters, mechanics, plumbers, electricians and such, their own little village with more food than one can imagine, freedom of spirit, security, great conversation, lots of fun and love and hugs to give freely. All with no strings attached, live, come and go as you please.
All they have is too much debt, judgement and their particular Jesus.
Game over baby.:evilgrin: