Advertisements
Advertisements
My bio-daughter attends cyber-charter school. It is a public school, with field trips and standardized testing and teachers available online or by phone.
When we have respite or emergency kids, we transport to their school. If we get a longer term placement now that we're opening up for that, I guess they get transferred to the local brick&mortar school? Any advice for discussing why they go there and bio-daughter stays home?
Or has anyone in PA been allowed to enroll foster children in a public online charter school?
All my kids are in different schools. One goes to a a regular public brick and mortar school, one an online charter, and another a private school. We just explain each child is in the educational setting best for them at this time. There is a little of the typical sibling jealousy, but we just remind them that we have choosen the best program for each different child.
With foster kids it will be a little different because you don't necessarily get to choose. However, I would just say something like,this what the judge/worker/state
thinks is best for you at this time.
Advertisements
All my kids are in different schools. One goes to a a regular public brick and mortar school, one an online charter, and another a private school. We just explain each child is in the educational setting best for them at this time. There is a little of the typical sibling jealousy, but we just remind them that we have choosen the best program for each different child.
With foster kids it will be a little different because you don't necessarily get to choose. However, I would just say something like,this what the judge/worker/state
thinks is best for you at this time.
I like that. Kinda, "you're different people so your needs are different. For M, online works best. For you, the judge picked this other school as the best choice." Makes sense and makes it about meeting their needs.