Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
mythreesonsjmo
I doubt a screening would have caught anything. They usually aren't very intensive. Unless her pupils were dialated strangly or her heart beat was irregular, they'd probably not have caught anything. Sounds like it might have been a brain aneurism - which maybe be cause my drugs, or could be a fluke - things like this happen even to healthy kids in their own homes. I feel very sorry for the foster family and the babysitter though. My aunt lost a foster baby when they were just young, brand new foster parents (and had young kids of their own). The baby had many medical issues, and basically died of a SIDS type issue - but they had to be investigated, they had to go through a lot in court. They were eventually cleared, but that put a permanent mark on their hearts, and they never did foster again. Just having to experience a dead child in your home is enough, but all went along with it nearly devastated them.
I didn't read your post until after I posted mine. You're right to be concerned about the foster parents and babysitter. They may not have known her a long time but it's such a traumatic and life changing event when you watch a child die. The foster parents and babysitter need more prayers than you can imagine.