Advertisements
Advertisements
I know I will be sad if we make final decision to not adopt again, and our referral time comes and goes...it will be difficult to turn it down. But, whatever we decide it will be the best decision for our family at the time it happens.
Can you just decide when the referral comes? It's been so very long ago when our own family adopted internationally----but we lived overseas too. Made a huge difference, I'm sure.
Still, I want to say dh and I adopted our last much older than you are now. It was a decision not taken lightly; and some things have happened in our family that can make raising a little one more difficult than I expected. (Dear Baby ended up being very special needs.) But.......it's not a decision we regret. My thinking was always if you feel healthy, if you're able to keep up and still want to adopt in your heart, go for it. Like the discussion in this forum pertaining to age and adoption----you never know what life may bring to your plate---regardless of age. If *you* can't see yourself adopting as an older mom/dad....that's an entirely different thing. But even adopting as a younger mom-----you had no idea how life might go. Take it in stride. One day at a time. If the referral comes about-------make your *final* decision then.
My best to you.
Sincerely,
Linny