Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
First of all, congrats to you and your growing family! I firmly believe - and tell everyone - that God made our family grow too. Our birthmother, agency, us - too many things were in line for us to be "lucky" to have been chosen and the way the situation fell into place. So when you have been called - you have been called!!! :) Congrats and blessing to you for following that call.....
First let me say that while I feel like I am somewhat knowledgable of the foster to adopt procedures, protocols, I did not chose that route so I am defintely inexperienced in that way but from the outside looking in to this post, I would say that there does seem to be improvement in their bonding to you and spouse. You sound like a great mom and for what it is worth if you keep putting their best interest first while things may not be easy, you will do the right thing. Case in point - the FB account. I can appreciate CPS rules but truly isn't forbidding something just fuel for a curious individual. I don't think bio parents should ever be denied unless their existance would be damaging to your family and even then while extremely limited and with boundaries shoudln't be denied. You are the parent and you should always try to do the best interest - even if that is exposing insecurities. I think all adoptive parents at one point or another are intimidated by bio parents and what, if any, role they play. Each case/situation is different. This is still NEW. You are talking about year out of their lives (you have 14 and 15 years respectively that you have to catch up on). Lastly, they are teenagers - removing adoption, foster care from the equation - all teenagers have attitude, think they know the world, etc. LOL. Growing pains. Don't take it personally that affection isn't pouring from their pores - even though you sound like an very affectionate, loving, compassionate woman - they may just physically and mentally be processing things different because of their age, puberty, etc. Keeping doing what you are doing. I be the month goes by quickly as you will be one busy bee carrying the household with your DH gone and having two teenagers in the house.
It sounds like you are doing well and that these kids are beyond blessed to have you and your DH to be their parents. Best of everything to you, DH and your kids. There are some amazing women on these boards that have given their heart and soul to children - I am sure some even more prudent advice is coming your way. Your post made me happy and I am happy that these kids have a loving, stable home!!! Keep us posted.